Tuesday, May 8, 2012

life as mommy

So much has changed in the past 6 months! I cannot even begin to explain the joy, worry, fatigue, and growth I’ve felt because of our little love. I never thought hearing baby babble could give me so much joy or that I would worry so much when he sleeps. Seriously, I check on him about 100 times-it’s slightly irrational I know. Or if Matt has him in the sun for 1.5 seconds I start thinking he is going to get skin cancer at age 3, Lord help me. I have been so exhausted that I can’t even remember the night before-who knew motherhood would be so much physical labor. They should put that in the handbook! But, when I see that little grin, I melt into a puddle of mommy. Sleepless nights and exploding diapers aside, he is the sweetest little nugget around. Also, since the arrival of the wee one I have been extremely scatter brained. Everyone always talked about “mom brain” and I always thought it was a myth, something to blame forgetfulness on. I am here to tell you that it is not a myth! There has been countless times where I find myself in a room, closet, or cabinet where I cannot, for the life of me, remember what I was looking for. In the early days it would worry me, like something really important wouldn’t get done. Now, I think it is the optimal way to live, if I forget something I think, “oh well, now I have time for something else!” Quite freeing, really. All in all, I can’t believe it has been 6 months but at the same time I can’t believe it has only been six months. The next six can wait, I don’t think I am ready for the next phase. I want to freeze every moment, put it in a jar and keep it forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment