Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day!

Happy Mothers Day all you new and seasoned mommies! We had a lovely first Mother's Day. We went to Grandpa Rick's church where he preached about anger management, a nice Mother's Day topic, listen here to these life giving words. After church we drove to La Crosse to help Britt and Jon move into their new house. It was so great for the 9 of us (11 including the pups) to be together again after 9 months of being in separate cities. After a day of unpacking we went out for dinner then had peanut butter pie! Yum. Throughout the hustle and bustle of the day something I read stuck with me, "Your legacy of mothering well will impact your child long after your time on earth has ended" Mother Letters. Even though I've only been a mommy for a short 6 months, I know what I do each day for my little man is so much greater than the acts themselves. Loving him like I do, I hope, will impact how he views himself when he is older. It is my job to shine the light and love of Jesus into his little soul. With the lord as our strength, we will teach this little boy true love and grace.
I love to give and receive keepsakes so we made salt dough handprints for the grandma’s in Tuck life. If you want to make your very own hand or footprints all you need is: 2 cups of flour 1 cup salt 1 cup water
knead until smooth
Press tiny hand into dough
Bake at 200 degrees for about 2-3 hours.
Paint!
Display!






No comments:

Post a Comment