Monday, September 17, 2012

a change of seasons

Summer is over and my second year of grad school is in full swing! I have had anxiety about this time all summer. After an easy breezy summer spent with days full of sunshine and Tucker love I knew it would be an adjustment, for all of us, with me returning to school and starting a graduate assistantship. I have to say we are very blessed by a wonderful caretaker for our little man who has made the transition much easier for us all. I met Chelsea at church and was delighted when she agreed to take Tucker 2 1/2 days per week. She has a little one who is only a month older so this is Tucker's first REAL playmate and my heart just melts watching them interact. Knowing he is safe and having fun with his little amigo I can really enjoy the time I have to spend away from him. Chelsea sends me pictures of the boys throughout the day which always makes my heart smile!
Thankfully, between work and school and baby and husband and dogs and everything else, I have time for a little craftiness. When we were home for Tucker's dedication dad and I found time to gather some acorns for a project that was yet to be decided. One day this week I went to the dollar store, funnest place ever by the way, and I found a stick wreath for-get this - ONE DOLLAR! The acorns immediately came to mind and I knew I could create something fallish. Please note, acorns are seriously dirty and bugs live in them! Who knew?
Isn't she pretty?! I think yes. Happy fall!







No comments:

Post a Comment